Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM Empty
PostSubject: VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM   VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 pm

So as it happens, I have 3 kits on the go with an SA flavour.
This is the first, the Airfix Vampire T11, represented as the SAAF Museums T55 (No 277) using the MAV decals.
Awaiting the decals to arrive in the next couple days and ill post as we go along, but, this is the first wingy thing i have built in,,, hell 20 years!!!

More soon.
Steve
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM   VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Okey dokey...
Being a non wingy thing chap, I havent wanted to build an aircrft for a long time, I mean like 20 odd years... The last Airfix plane I built was a Boulton-Paul Defiant, and things have changed, just a bit.Smile 

I managed to get hold of the Vampire Gift set, from TAS. This is the one that comes with only the New Zealand AF decals and also six pots of Acrylic paint, 2 brushes and a little tubey gom...

VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 001-6
Detail is very good, actually its VERY good. theres a complete cockpit, not just a plank and martian of the old days.. Cockpit sides are detailed, nice seats.
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 002-4
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 004-4
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 003-5
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 005-2
Theres a semblance of the engine, (the flues that feed into the engine), detailed wheel wells and the level of detail overall is quite fine. Panel lines are quite fine, not too deep. and the canopy is a multi part piece, allowing it to be displayed open.

And this is what, hopefully, it'll look like when its finished...
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM T55

Okay then, building will commence shortly...
more soon
Steve
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM   VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:41 am

What happened to the images?confused 
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM   VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:47 am

jugjunkie wrote:
What happened to the images?confused 

Ahhh sheeeeet....
I moved them around in photobucket, ill get them back up asap...

Steve
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM   VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:52 am

Re post...

Okey dokey...
Being a non wingy thing chap, I havent wanted to build an aircrft for a long time, I mean like 20 odd years... The last Airfix plane I built was a Boulton-Paul Defiant, and things have changed, just a bit.

I managed to get hold of the Vampire Gift set, from TAS. This is the one that comes with only the New Zealand AF decals and also six pots of Acrylic paint, 2 brushes and a little tubey gom...
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 001-6
Detail is very good, actually its VERY good. theres a complete cockpit, not just a plank and martian of the old days.. Cockpit sides are detailed, nice seats.
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 002-4
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 004-4
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM 003-5
Theres a semblance of the engine, (the flues that feed into the engine), detailed wheel wells and the level of detail overall is quite fine. Panel lines are quite fine, not too deep. and the canopy is a multi part piece, allowing it to be displayed open.

And this is what, hopefully, it'll look like when its finished...
VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM T55
Okay then, building will commence shortly...
more soon
Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM   VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VAMPIRE T55 - SAAF MUSEUM
Page 1 of 1