Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snowy
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1
Snowy

Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Empty
PostSubject: Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general   Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:13 am

Hi ya all,

I was wondering if anyone did any Sci-Fi kits as well as the usual run of the mill civi & military kits?

Locally, Model Zone or "Toy Zone" as I referred to it, has closed its doors. So model shops are not very abundent. The only survivor shops locally, are independent specials dotted across the country.

Typically I'd buy my kits and accessories on line from the likes of HiroBoy and Hobbylink Japan.

Thankfully, unlike some of you, the mail is quite reliable here, that is excluding the odd postie who either opens all the mail for himself or just dumps it.

I recently purchased PE mesh (used on NCR battery tray) via e-bay from a Chinese supplier Jasmine who have a massive selection.
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general   Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Love to see Sci-fi builds but it's just not something that ever caught my fancy. Don't much in the LHS's either.
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general   Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:50 am

jugjunkie wrote:
Love to see Sci-fi builds but it's just not something that ever caught my fancy. Don't much in the LHS's either.
Theres almost nothing in the Hobby Shops in Sci Fi
Id love to do some of the Hasagawa Machienen Kreiger, but what the shops want to bring them in is just INSANE!

Steve
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general   Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:49 am

Yeah I saw plenty of those in Hong Kong and they are incredible kits, but the prices - even there is fucking outrageous!!
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general   Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:58 am

jugjunkie wrote:
Yeah I saw plenty of those in Hong Kong and they are incredible kits, but the prices - even there is fucking outrageous!!
HobbyEasy have quite a few, also based in HK, and they deal in HKD which is not bad to the rand at the mo, and they only courier, also quite cheap.
Im only going over to HK again next year and dont really want to wait that long....

s
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general   Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:03 pm

I bought my kits from HobbyLink Japan. I guess it depends on what you are buying, but I thought the prices are pretty good for what I was getting.
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general   Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Take a look at HobbyEasy (www.hobbyeasy.com). They have a very nice variety and loads of Sci Fi stuff too. There prices are not bad, SA wise, its basically what we pay in the shops for models here, but they do have a damn good courier postal service and when they say 3 days, they mean 3 days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general   Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sci Fi kits, sourcing kits and odds 'n sods in general
Page 1 of 1