Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Howzit From Durban

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gregair
Corporal
Corporal

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Howzit Folks,

My name is Greg and I'm an alchoholic......bwhaaa haa.

Ok seriously, I am in Durban, I like to build 1/48 aircraft of the SAAF and aircraft from the other African air forces that fought in the Central and Southern African wars from the 1950's till today.
On a much smaller scale I build 1/35 armour from the above era too.

At the moment I have a sudden enthusiasm for WW2 Luftwaffe aircraft hence my first kit posted on this site is the Dragon Me-163

Cheers
Greg
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Welcome Greg, thanks for joining and look forward to seeing you around here - won't non here complain about the Lufty enthusiasm boss.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
Snowy
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1
Snowy

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Welcome to Welkom??

Erm, howzit bub!

I'm from Durbs myself, am now ensconced in the UK, from hot 'n wet to cold 'n wet - the choices we make in life, eh!

So, you are building 1/48 SAAF kites? Cool!!

I've got a 1/48 "Canny" awaiting my attention, in remembrance of my days in 12 Sqd.

What have you built and what's in the pipe line? cyclops

Snowy

Back to top Go down
gregair
Corporal
Corporal

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 6:06 am

Thanks guys,

"Jugjunkie", I am new to the "Luftwaffe craze" and will definitely post them here along with a few others.

Snowy."Howzit Bru" from a cold wet and grey Durban this morning, I build all my aircraft in 1/48 scale and I am currently building...very slowly... for the SAAF 2 x Impala Mk II's, a Sabre a Vampire and doing a conversion to build a Mirage IIID2Z here is the link to the IIID2Z build-

https://modelmaker.forumotion.com/t269-mirage-iiid2z-1-48-conversion

Oh I also have a very slow build of the Revell 1/32 Mirage IIIE that I am building as a IIIEZ.

I have recently (last couple of years) built a Cuban flown Mig-21Mf in Angola, Angolan Mig-23ML, Mozambique Mig-21Bis and a Tanzanian Shenyang F-6 (Chinese built Mig-19). I will add these to the forum from time to time.

I would love to build the 1/48 Canberra B1(12) and T-4.

What years were you at 12 Squadron?

Greg
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1
Snowy

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:41 am

Yeah, those were the days...... Cool

I was stationed at 12 Sqd for most of 1988 as an Armourer appy, before being sent off to "Hoed'nam" (Hoedspruit) where I was stationed at Base Armoury.

Resigned and became a RSM (regde sivi moer) in 1992. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gregair
Corporal
Corporal

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Snowy wrote:
Yeah, those were the days...... Cool

I was stationed at 12 Sqd for most of 1988 as an Armourer appy, before being sent off to "Hoed'nam" (Hoedspruit) where I was stationed at Base Armoury.

Resigned and became a RSM (regde sivi moer) in 1992. Very Happy

Ha ha.

I have wanted to build the Silver/PRU blue combo Canberra for a long time
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1
Snowy

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 9:54 pm

I've got a photo of a Cannie in flight (453) in Pru blue next to my PC - that is one I'll be building. Very Happy

Till later,

Snowy Smile
Back to top Go down
gregair
Corporal
Corporal

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Any moves on building the Canberra yet Snowy?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1
Snowy

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 9:01 pm

gregair wrote:
Any moves on building the Canberra yet Snowy?

Not yet, I'm scared of it for now....... pale

I'm probably going to do a 1/48 Eduard DH2 before I attempt the Cannie..... scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howzit From Durban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howzit From Durban   Howzit From Durban Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howzit From Durban
Page 1 of 1