Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THANK YOU KEN McGRADY

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

THANK YOU KEN McGRADY Empty
PostSubject: THANK YOU KEN McGRADY   THANK YOU KEN McGRADY Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 9:34 am

Just had to post this here because it's not often one meets real friends via a website. Some years back I met Ken on another modelling website and we simply just connected. That was many years back - maybe as much as 15 or so (damn it's hard to believe) and until today we still meet up on sites regularly and shoot the breeze.

Anyway about 5-6 years back I was really into early US jets and collected up all the Century series stuff as well as most of the other ones such as the Sabre, Thunder jet, Phantom, etc, etc, and I obviously mentioned this to Ken. Well a couple of weeks back Ken says he mailed some stuff that he had picked up for a bargain somewhere. So after about 2 weeks we both thought the package had disappeared into the great onknown.

Yesterday I went to the local Post Office to fetch something and lo and behold there was a parcel from overseas and when I opened it there were THREE of these in it from my mate Ken.....

THANK YOU KEN McGRADY MONOGRAM_AIRCRAFT_PLASTIC_MODEL_KIT_F-84F_THUNDER_STREAK_USAF_JET_FIGHTER_PLANE_5432_zpsgv82kmbz

So Ken I just need to say again thank you very, very much for this mate. I am going to finish one or two other commitments I am busy with at the moment and then I am going to build all three of these here on this site, in three different schemes. I have tried to look and see if there are any after market bits for this kit but alas, other than some decals here and there, there is very little so they will have to be pretty much out the box. However as a small token of appreciation for this incredible act of friendship, i will go above and beyond to make these the three best Thunderstreak models ever built - by anyone. flower
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
typhoonken
Sergeant
Sergeant
typhoonken

THANK YOU KEN McGRADY Empty
PostSubject: Re: THANK YOU KEN McGRADY   THANK YOU KEN McGRADY Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 12:45 am

Good thing I live alone... I'm blushing. Embarassed

And anytime you think I can get something easier here in the states for you just let me know. We know our postal services both work, just at their own pace.

And as long as one of 'em is camouflaged I'll be beyond happy. cheers

Ken
Back to top Go down

THANK YOU KEN McGRADY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Model making with a South African persuasion :: Aircraft :: Post WWII :: Discussion-
Jump to: